Monday, February 16, 2015

SLEC Medical Exam Experience (St. Luke's Extension Clinic)

Hi everyone! I'm back after 10,000,000 decades. Lol! I'm so excited to share with you my experiences during my medical exam and visa interview as part of my K1 visa application.

Let me start with my medical exam. 

Here's the procedure from SLEC.


DAY 1
Time arrived: 6:00 am
I had my medical exam on January 12-13, 2015 the week of Pope Francis' arrival in the Philippines. Sobrang daming tao sa clinic since it will be closed on Thurs-Monday (January 15-19,2015). Specially sa mga 15 years old and below, they need to come on Monday to get the result of their skin test on Wednesday (48 hrs required).

1. Verification of the US Embassy Packet by the SLEC Guards
 >>>>Most (if not all) US applicant did not receive the USEM packet before medical. They just asked my passport, nvc, 2x2 picture, SLEC online application form and USEM interview application.



2. All applicants are asked to fill up Patient Data Sheet form. 
>>>>Better fill up the form online. You will have faster process.

SLEC application online application form.
Sorry I have to blur it out kasi puro info na yan, super small
lang ng letters ng mga questions. 


3. Submission of accomplished PDS form at the Reception Area...
>>>>I was asked to go to 1st floor to pass all the requirements needed but the receptionist didn't get all the papers I have. They only got 1 slec online application, NVC, 1 USEm interview application and 1 2x2. I was also taken picture through webcam and my fingerprint. Every computer has the finger scanning device. They will tell you to scan your fingerprint then all your info will show on the computer. hehe so hightechyyy! You will be given a checklist on what you need to undergo.

4. Payment at the cashier in Philippine currency
>>>>I paid 11,025 pesos. You will be given a receipt. attached to the checklist.

MEDICAL EXAM
(This can be done in any order)
a. Radiology
>>>You will be asked by 3 or by 5 to go to the xray room. Male at the left wing and Female at the right. Inside has a stack of clean gowns and a basket for the used clothes. They smell good in fairness. My advice, don't wear dress during the medical if you don't wanna wear panty and gown only during xray.

Room inside a room. Lol! There are 2 rooms inside the Xray room.
Dressing room and the actual xray room.


b. Laboratory
>>>US applicants didn't have urine and stool test. We only had blood test for the syphilis, drug etc exam. As far as I know, if you have syphilis you will be retained until it will be cured but if you were detected as drug user, you will not be able to know until you have your interview since the envelope will only be opened during your interview with the American consul.

Blood test at SLEC


c. Immunization Interview
>>>I was asked a lot of questions about my health, lifestyle etc. You should know if you had chickenpox already and it's scar. If you will not be able to show just a single scar, you will be marked as never pa nagka bulutong. You also have to show the bakuna scar, they will look for it. They will also ask if you smoke, drink, use drugs, were confined, when were you confined and what diseases. Actually, they have a lot of question that sometimes you can no longer understand them.

d. USA Counter
>>>Eye test, weight and height. You will not be asked to read all the letters, only the part where it has M, G and E. I failed to read all the letters since I did not bring my eyeglasses. If you're wearing one you should not forget to wear it before the eye test.

e. Physical Exam
>>>You will be asked questions that are similar during the Immunization interview. There are some additions but it's also related to your health, lifestyle, previous diseases. I was asked to remove my clothes completely but I was told to wear gown without tying. I lay down, the doctor checked if I have cesarean scar, my wrist if I have laslas/suicidal tendency (if you have then you will undergo psychiatric exam) checked my tattoos and listed them all. Then, I was asked to do a fetal position and lift one side of my butt LOL they will check if you have hemorrhoids and normal delivery scar.

Finished at 9:30 pm


DAY 2

I was so scared to know the result because I've read some who undergone sputum exam have to reschedule their interview for 2-3 months until culturing is done. But if positive to TB, interview should be rescheduled from 6 months to 1 year.


I was asked to go back at 2:30 and I didn't know I can go as early as 4am to line up this receipt to be first in line at the releasing area. I came at 1:30pm and my new friends were already there at 12noon.

Ang pinaka kakaba kabang part aside from American Consul interview: Knowing what stamp you will receive.
>>>I think they have 3 or 4 stamps there. There is only one manong who has a computer. I gave my receipt and he typed my name yata or my receipt number. I am not sure. That will tell what to stamp on your receipt. I read a blog that says if you received "IMMUNIZATION" stamp, you passed. If Counter A - Psychiatric Exam; Laboratory - Sputum Exam; Radiology - repeat xray.




Sobrang saya ko when I saw IMMUNIZATION on my receipt. Sobrang tuwa ko, I asked manong guard kung pasado. He said with a smile "Opo maam" I swear, sobrang happy that I even thanked manong. hahaha I was so glad I passed the exam. Actually, I was preparing my self na nga na hindi ako papasa. I was a smoker, I just stopped a year before my medical, so I was expecting to undergo sputum kasi yung iba not smoker pero napa sputum pa, ako pa na kinawawa ang lungs. 

>>>The manong guard told me to go to 2nd floor. I waited for like 3 hours to have the immunization. I only receive 1 shot,  I should have 2 but Tdap wasn't available at that time. Then I went to 1st floor to wait for my envelope. I was called at window A for my signature then wait again. I was finally called at window J. I gave my ds160, 3 2x2 pictures and the rest of the papers I brought (link for the Medical Exam requirements for K1 applicants). They will ask questions again about your health before giving your envelope and CD. I was the last who came at slec on the 2nd day among my friends but I was the first who got my envelope. You will see boards anywhere inside slec saying releasing of US medical result is not 1st come 1st served basis, it depends upon ... (basta ganyan ang thought hehe). I finished my second day at 8:00pm

1 comment:

  1. the way of writing about this blog is Impressive!!! Sakit.info READ THIS VERY INFORMATIVE WEBSITE FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILIES HEALTH Sakit.info


    ReplyDelete